Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

10 Worlds Studios


This blog that I writing about is about a very good, personal friend of mine, and comic book industry expert, Joseph P. Gauthier who happens to own and manage his own independent comic book company (along with his partner Alex Lugo who is also another good friend of mine as well), 10 Worlds Studios.  He and I had the opportunity to work on a screenplay adaptation of his graphic novel based on the biblical figure named Lazarus, which was well written (I might add), before the screenplay was written.  The name of his graphic novel is Lazarus: Immortal Coils.  Needless to say, when the opportunity arises again, I would love to work with him on another script. 
            Joseph’s managing direction of his product, again I say about the Lazarus graphic novel, has been of dedication and proper management.  In the brief time that I worked with him, I’ve seen him tirelessly work to get his story out there and at the same time, get another story that he’s working on as well named, Goryo-Dog which has heavy influences from Japanese anime from the past to the present.  He is always managing his ideas with his books (on top of being a family man as well).  I do also have to say that I admire his dedication and smarts about getting his product out to the masses.  Whether it would be at a comic-book convention (San Diego, and Wizard-World just to name a few…), or at a comic book specialty store, or just talking to the average comic reader.
            Even with the odds stacked against him being an independent comic book publisher, he’s managed to overcome the odds and get exposure for his story.  I’ve seen him talk and networked with key people in the comics and entertainment industry.   I’ve also seen him pick up new fans in addition to the ones that he’s already established from his Lazarus work alone.  Whenever I talk to comic readers and film buffs (such as myself), I always try to slip his story into the conversation because it is not only a good read, but it also challenges pre-conceived notions about…well you’ve got to read the story for yourself.  One of these days, I’ve got to get myself up to the level that he has built himself up to.  For now I feel honored and privileged to work and write with someone who doesn’t plan on stopping anytime soon. 

Link to his website: www.10worldsstudio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment