Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Reality TV or Reality Bulls#!$#!


I was reading an article earlier this afternoon that caught my attention regarding “reality TV”.  What I was referring to was the “wedding” of Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries.  The article can be found on celebs.gather.com. http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980759270

Quite a few viewers felt duped by the reality TV star and for good reason.  Shortly after wedding was televised, within 72 days, she filed for divorce from the NBA star.  With what she did, a lot of people felt like she treated marriage like a “bad business deal” with which a lot of people in this country hold marriage in high regards.    My take on this matter is when “enough is enough” with reality TV.  Kim Kardashian’s former publicist also said that the wedding was a “fake”.  As far as I’m concerned, the wedding should have never been televised, let alone gone through.  She’s basically sending out the message that you can marry someone, and if you don’t like them, you can cancel the deal. Move on.  NEXT!

 It's bulls#$@ but it's sadly turning into the truth.

My opinion is this, in this “throwaway” society that we live in, the depiction of a lavish wedding is just that, for show.  She has proven that with the broadcast of her “wedding.”  Its getting to the point that “reality TV” has to be fabricated to garner larger rating numbers, which again doesn’t make any kind of sense. Which also begs the question, “Is anything sacred” these days?  I have written about realty TV before in my blog and how its taking away from quality TV with its programming.  I have to admit that I do watch some reality shows on cable.  But usually, those fall under the shows that involve food, fixing up a house, or learning tips on fixing up cars (and lets throw in Pawn Stars for good measure).  But the shows like Jerseylicions, and other shows I’m not going to mention where the women can be quite “catty” towards one another is a bit annoying after a while. But hey that’s only my opinion, everyone else is entitled to theirs. 

Lastly, I would hope that after this Kardashian wedding fiasco, that TV and cable channels will start looking at “quality” creative programming again instead of looking into someone else’s life.  No one wants to pay attention to the messes in their own lives, but at the same time are willing to look at someone else’s to avoid dealing with theirs. 

Peace.  

No comments:

Post a Comment